We are OPEN from 10:00 to 2.00 whenever the Skunk train is running.
The majority of volunteers working at the Mendocino Coast Model Railroad and Historical Society are over the age of 65 and in a higher risk category for contracting Covid19. Each volunteer is invested and motivated to stay healthy and safe as possible for themselves and our guests. We ask all our visitors to honor the work and dedication of our volunteers by observing and adhering to the Covid19 guidelines and requirements issued by the CDC, State of California, and Mendocino County.
When visiting our museum and active displays, we require the following of all our guests:
- Anyone over 2 MUST wear a mask at all times
- If you don’t have a mask, ask for one. We will be happy to provide you one
- Show you care, wear a mask
- You MUST practice social distancing
- There are signs and markings to help you keep your distance from those not in your immediate group.
- You must NOT touch any surface, trains or any parts of the displays
- You MUST conform to our volunteer’s instructions and directions
- Use hand sanitizer provided in our upright stations
- Understand that if someone is not willing to comply with these safety guidelines, we will be forced to ask all visitors to leave and close the layout for the remainder of the day.
Our G Scale logging layout (The Mendocino Coast Model Railroad & Navigation Co.) has seven trains running on it when in full operation. When possible our Ain’t Goin Nowhere Railroad (which features our very large locomotives) is also open.
Because of Covid 19 our space where The Little People can play trains is closed.
- Free with a Skunk Train ticket.
- If not riding the Skunk Train: Adults – $5.00; Children – $3.00